Monday, April 19, 2010

First Braves game for me in 2010!

I was forced to break tradition this year when I couldn't attend the Braves Home Opener, which they won 16-5 over the Chicago Cubs! :) However, it didn't take me long before I made it to my first game this year. I went on Sunday, April 18th with two of my friends that I met while living in Savannah.

On Saturday, April 17th the Braves were NO HIT by the Colorado Rockies pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez. As a Braves fan, that wasn't exactly the best news. For Sunday's game I scored us some pretty awesome seats. We were sitting row 2 from the field on the third base side. Right before the game started I saw a Rockies player doing an autograph session, and when he was walking towards the dugout I noticed it was Jimenez, and I yelled "Hey! Would you autograph this ball for me? Please!" He kindly stopped, and did so.:) I asked him to also include No hitter, and he did just that as well. Shoot, now I have a piece of history so that is pretty awesome.

The game itself was not at all a no-doubter. Long story short, the Braves were down one run in the ninth inning, and after loading the bases with two out Jason Heyward belts a two-run single to left field. The Braves WIN 4-3!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

MLB Standings